May 20, 2014
12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
JSSA’s Employment and Career Services presents its FREE weekly
Job Search Networking Group in Rockville, MD
-80% of jobs are found via networking – learn exactly
how to do it
-Meet with your peers – members help each other learn
from their experiences
-Update your action plan every week – keeping up momentum is critical
-Get expert guidance from a professional career coach
ATTENDEES PLEASE BRING:
- A copy of your “one-pager,” (which JSSA will duplicate) which includes:
– Your name, phone number and e-mail address at the top – A brief overview of your background (not a resume!) – Your target companies and/or a list of people you would like to meet
- Business cards
- Several copies of your resume for those who want to learn more about you
After an open general discussion, each attendee will:
- Deliver a 30-60 second elevator speech that focuses on their unique value proposition
- Distribute their one-pager, presenting their networking needs to the group
Participants at the meeting will work to provide support, contacts, suggestions, etc. for each attendee, wherever possible – and will receive the same in kind.
80% of jobs are found via networking! However, this critical job-searching strategy is often underutilized. Those in transition can no longer rely primarily on job search engines to fuel their search. Job seekers need to continuously build a network and stay connected to that network.
200 Wood Hill Rd.
for more info, call 301-610-8380